Rynone Engineering, Inc.: Consulting for electronics and aviation related projects.
Burroughs Corporation: Electronic Components Division, Regional Manager for Northeast U.S. Responsible for engineering and sales of all products in the area.
DuMont Laboratories: Project Engineer for Microwave Laboratory, Design Engineer, Military Systems Division, transmitter design for White Lance Missile Guidance System and Helicopter Optical Warning System.
Lockheed Electronics: Design Engineer for portions of the Regulus II Missile Guidance System.
U.S. Naval Academy: Taught Electrical Engineering.
Johns Hopkins University, Evening Electrical Engineering Faculty: Taught Electrical Engineering.
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH PAPERS
- "Linear Active Circuits - Design and Analysis", Textbook, Artech House.
- "Determining Maximum Allowable Pulse Power", Electronic Design Magazine.
- "Design Charts For Symmetrical 'T' Pads", EEE Magazine.
- "Series Tuning In I.F. Input Design", DuMont Laboratories.
- "A Flush Mount Marker Beacon Antenna For General Aviation", Microwave Engineering Europe.
- "A Hand-Held Marker Beacon Test Set", Avionics Journal Of The Royal Aeronautical Society.
- "Computer Algorithms For Automatic Test Equipment", Evaluation Engineering Magazine.
- "Non-Destructive Testing Via Standard Laboratory Test Equipment", Canadian Acoustics Journal.
- "A Dynamometer For Individual Laboratory Work Stations", International Journal Of Electrical Engineering Education.
- "EMI Considerations in Future P.C.'s", emf-emi control.
- "Uninterruptible Power Supplies", Byte Magazine.
- "What You Can Tell Your Client About High Powered UPS Systems", "Choosing A UPS System - Important Considerations Before You Make A Purchase", "Choosing A UPS System - Part 3", Electrical Systems Magazine.
- "Underwater Propulsion Systems", Mantech Services.
- "Build Your Own Rotatable Antenna Mount For Measuring Antenna Field Patterns", "Protecting Capacitors Connected In Series", CQ Magazine.
- "A One-Transistor FM Transmitter", RF Design Magazine.
- "Does Your G/A Airport Need Runway Lights?", "A Home Brewed Marker Beacon Receiver Antenna", "Control", "ATP For The Weekend Pilot", "Spins... Why Me?", General Aviation News.
- "Virginia the leader in state support for private airports", "Making Use Of Aviation Seminars", "Weather ... key topic at NASAO Conference", "GA, To Be Or Not To Be" (BR), Southern Aviator.
- "Taking Off The Rust", "The Long Hot Summer ... And Short Runways", "Fall ... A Beautiful Time Of The Year To Go Flying", "What A Snow Job!", On Approach - AVEMCO Insurance Company Publication.
- "Small Airport Courtesy and Safety", East Coast Aviator.
- "Annapolis Pilots Band Together", FBO Magazine
- "Where Next For Lee Airport", Annapolis LifeStyle
- "Checking Your Plane's Ammeter", "Communication Coordination", "Radio Diagnosis", "Audible Electricity - A blind person's voltage and continuity checker", "Clean Air Workstation", "Real Cool Avionics", "An Expanded Scale Voltmeter For Charging Systems", "An Access Panel Feed-through For Battery Charging", "A Shower Of Sparks Test", "An Audio Monitor For A Wing Leveler", Sport Aviation Magazine.
- "Low cost, Fold-up Stabilizer For Elderly and Handicapped", Alive! Magazine.
- "To Generate Or Not To Generate ... But How?", The HAM Arundel News
- "Light Traces: An Inexpensive Light Box Project", "A Low Cost Telephone Line Monitor", "Page Holder Introduces the Basics", "Inedible Nuts and Non-Lighting Bolts", "Keep Laptop Cool", techdirections
- "A Mobile CQ Frequency Display", 73 Magazine
- "A GA Low Vacuum Warning System", Kitplanes Magazine
- "A Low-Power, Electric Boat Drive System Controller", Heartland Boating
- "A CW Generator And Audio Distribution System For Students", "Analog Meter Replacement", QST Magazine
- "Why Can't They Build A 180 HP Manual Gear Mooney, Or Can They?", "Flying With 'Code Yellow' In The Busy Northeast", The Mooney Pilot Magazine
- "Graphite Ground Planes For Aircraft UHF Communication Antennas", "An Inexpensive Antenna Height Measuring Device", "Antenna Tower Guy Wire Analysis", QEX Magazine
- "An Analysis Of Low-Power, Power Factor Correction Devices", "Power Factor Analysis For A Cable-Fed Single Electric Motor", Power Electronics Technology Magazine
- "Featured Idea That Works" An EGS Monitor, Electrical Contractor Magazine
- "Electrical Power Loss In Flight", "Belt Up Front", "Blind Something Can Be Useful", "A Low Cost Aileron Lock", "Parking At Night", "Protecting Your Starter Switch", "The Approach Fix", "Inspiring Professional", "Future - Fees and Costs", "No Speaker", "That Time Of Year", "Navy Annapolis Flight Center", "A Little Flying Trig", "Tiedown Preparation", "ILS-Yes", Aviation Digest Magazine
- "Low Cost LED Power Supplies", Electronics-Lab.com
- "Low Cost Throw-Away Work Apron", Woodsmith Magazine
- "A Utility Power and EGS Monitor", How2Power.com
- BR = Being Reviewed
- AP = Accepted for Publication
- United States Coast Guard Low Frequency Radio Beacon Transmitter And Antennas (Transmitter Section).
- Design of electrical systems as a consultant to Walter Kidde & Company for the High Expansion Foam, Fire Detection and Extinguishing product line. Facilities: Kelly AFB, Burlington County LNG, Los Angeles Times, Yakota AFB, Baltimore Gas & Electric LPG.
- F.M. Educational Radio Station.
SYSTEM DESIGN, TEST & DOCUMENTATION
- Operations Manual for the Sequential R.F. Data Channel Selector.
- System power analysis for the White Lance Missile Guidance System.
- Documentation for the F15 engine fire detection and extinguishing system.
- Beta tests of sequential releases of software for B.F. Goodrich Flight Systems, Loran Receivers.
- Evaluated aviation loran antenna filters for Signal Management Sciences.
- Lee Airport runway lighting system; design and analysis.
- Hillsmere Marina Expansion Lighting & Electrical System; design & analysis.
- Electrical System for Fairhaven (Private) School.
- Design of electrical control system for boat lift.
- Programming Languages: BASIC, FORTRAN, 8080 Assembler & C.
- Word-Processing: WORD
- Spreadsheet: EXCEL
- Desktop Publishing: PAGEMAKER
- CAD: Keycad
LICENSES & RATINGS
- New Jersey and Maryland: Registered Professional Engineer
- Federal Aviation Administration: Airline Transport (S.E.), Commercial (M.E.), C.F.I. - A & I, Mechanic A & P
- Federal Communications Commission: 2nd Class Radio Telephone Operators License w/ radar endorsement, Radio Amateur, WB2EIQ
- Tennis: North Plainfield, NJ Doubles Champion
- Sailing: Sunfish
- Flying: For personal and business. Teach flying for hobby.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
ORGANIZATIONS & CLUBS
- Maryland Professional Engineers Society, Annapolis Region President
- Aviation Digest - Contributing Editor
- Volunteers for Medical Engineering: Design & build equipment not commercially available for handicapped.
- Annapolis Camera Club
- Freestate Fly Fishers: Fishing club also does stream cleanup.
- Anne Arundel Bird Club: Birding
- Anne Arundel Radio Amateur Club: Board Member
- Anne Arundel Medical Center: Volunteer
- Annapolis Opera Company: Volunteer
- Annapolis Horticultural Society
- Maryland Native Plant Society